Here is our Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Review starting with our favorite highlights from the vehicle and breakdown of specifications. Read on as we cover engine, performance, transmission, suspension, the competition and an overall drive report on Honda’s 5 passenger Pioneer.
Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Highlights:
- Fox QS-3 shocks give expanded capability with the Pioneer’s wheel travel
- 1000 lb capacity tilt bed houses two pop-up seats
- 4,500-Pound Winch for getting unstuck (it’s on 27 inch tires)
- 2500-Pound Towing Capacity
- Automatic DCT w/ i-4WD – much more fun than a CVT.
- The perfect ranch workhorse adventure vehicle
Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Trail Specifications:
Engine Size: 999cc liquid-cooled Unicam parallel-twin four-stroke
Weight (curb): 1,777 lbs. (1,781 lbs. CA)
Length x Width x Height: 119.2 x 63 x 76.5 in.
Wheelbase: 80.2 in.
Tires: 27 in. Armstrong Dirt Master 2.0
Wheels: Black Aluminum Wheels with Contrast-Cut Highlights
Front Suspension: Double wishbone; FOX QS-3 shocks w/ 10.6 in. travel
Rear Suspension: Double wishbone; FOX QS-3 shocks w/ 10.0 in. travel
Fuel Capacity: 7.9 gal., including 1.7 gal. reserve
Transmission: Automatic DCT w/ 6 speeds + reverse and high/low
2WD/4WD: 2WD, 4WD, Turf, 4WD w/ differential lock